Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ho Ho Ho...3 Days To Go!

When an opposing team is 'going down' in defeat to Philip's Red Wings or Blue Jays, he gets very cocky, and brazenly announces that the 'losers' are 'going golfing'! He asked me recently what Santa does in the off-season? I told him..."he goes golfing". Not very good at it either...he lost more than his shirt!

The noise coming from Philip's room was troubling. I was sitting at the computer...he was clearly very busy...this had me concerned. Then came the beck and call. "Dad, you have to come here and see this...you'll love it!" He always sets us up...how can we 'not' love it after that? I entered his room...a plethora of emotions serenading my senses...thankful that I had taken my blood pressure pill that morning. He stood there so proudly, gesturing towards his movie case...the top 2 shelves were empty...they normally held 120 movies. "I love it!", I said...then inquired as to the purpose of this profound performance.

He quickly pointed to the bottom shelves, which here-to-fore had been empty. They now housed those 'mysteriously moved' movies! He then answered my query with such serious certitude...he was puzzled that I couldn't see the obvious..."Duh!", he stated, I had to make room for the movies I'll be getting for Christmas!" Wow...how had I missed that! I know he's getting 2...I bought them...hope Johnny's bringing 118!

Speaking of Johnny, he's arriving tonight at 6 pm. Philip has been sleeping the hours away...commented yesterday that the time had gone by quickly. No kidding! Time flies when you're asleep!

Now get this. Johnny took the Greyhound Bus from Hamilton, Ontario, to Terrace, British Columbia (which is 45 minutes from our place)! You're absolutely right...he's nuts! He booked it to surprise us...then told us! The only thing that would surprise us these days is if Johnny was able to keep a surprise!

He's been calling 'collect' every stop along the way to keep Philip posted as to his progress (Diane insisted on this procedure...and we all know you don't argue with 'she who must be obeyed'!). He claims he's actually enjoying the trip...all 4 days...on a bus!

Something tells me we'll be flying him back!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment